Monday, November 14, 2011

More what if blurbs on books



WHAT IF...you could begin investigating your family tree? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? by Dan Waddell (Candlewick 2011). <572>



WHAT IF...you could correspond with someone from another country about how your lives are similar but different? SAME, SAME BUT DIFFERENT by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw. (Holt 2011) <573>



WHAT IF...you ignored your mother's caution about taking off on you new skates and ended up flying through the air wearing a bridal veil? SAMANTHA ON A ROLL by Linda Ashman (FSG 2011). <574>



WHAT IF...you were such a stuck up prince that you ordered all of your subjects to jail? MUSTACHE by Mac Barnett (Disney 2011). <575>



WHAT IF...two tickets to an incredibly spooky jamboree simply appeared in your hands on Halloween night? HEEBIE-JEEBIE JAMBOREE by Mary Ann Fraser (Boyds Mills Press 2011). <576>

7 comments:

  1. All children will identify with Samantha on a Roll. Moms always say no, yet they are always right; at least according to my children. Quite a few times they have told me that I was right and that they wished they had listened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love picture books. They are so much fun and there is so often much to learn in a brief number of pages. I really want to put my hands on some of these books, especially Same, Same but different. I love the "What if" questions leading into each of these different titles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the What if introductions to get readers interested in the books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read The Case of the Case of Mistaken Identity by Mac Barnett and enjoyed it. I look forward to reading this picture book by him. Thank you for the suggestions and the great way to introduce them. The what if questions will get the readers hooked before even beginning to read the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heebie-Jeebie Jamboree will be added to my holiday book lists. I have a thing for books that go with holidays. :)
    Same, Same, but different also caught my eye, sounds like a great book for teaching tolerance to young children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LS5385
    Who Do You Think You Are?, sounds like a great book to read with children who wonder who is related to them and in what manner. All I can say is it's about time they make a book about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you hooked us to these selections. I might to the same with some books to hook readers.

    ReplyDelete