Tuesday, September 6, 2011

hurry up and wait

This past Wednesday I had a day of appointments for some medical tests downtown. I took two book, two audiobooks, and made sure to sync my Kindle app on the iPhone. I began with this book because somehow it seemed appropriate since my first stop was in the blood collection wing.




I had never read any of the series on which this GN is based. I plan to go back and visit the series now based on this book: VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead, adapted by Leigh Dragoon with illustrations by Emma Vieceli (Razorbill 2011). Lissa, a Moroi princess, is in danger. She is being guarded at the beginning of the novel by her friend Rose. However, the two are forced to return to the academy for their own protection. Rose begins training to become a true bodyguard for Lissa who is falling for Christian. Of course, there will be lots of danger and action in the pages of this GN which is one part romance and one part vampire battles and, on the whole, wildly appealing to readers. <457>

No comments:

Post a Comment